VISION, MISSION, CORE VALUES
WE offer individuals with developmental disabilities and their families, access to services and supports throughout the community that will enhance the quality of their everyday lives, one person at a time.
SCBDD is committed to listen, enrich, and optimize partnerships with Sandusky County citizens with developmental disabilities and their families, along with the community to build meaningful lives.
- Person-Centered: We promote self-determination and honor the dignity and rights of the individuals we serve in helping to enhance their lives, empower their voices, and achieve their dreams through their choices.
- Leadership: We embrace a leadership model for all of our employees based on Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion in serving our Mission.
- Collaboration: We partner with individuals, families, service providers, stakeholders, and the community to ensure that our services promote responsive, efficient and innovative solutions to current and emergent challenges.
- Accountability: We are ethical stewards of the resources entrusted to us and are accountable for our actions and decisions.
- Excellence: We dedicate ourselves to employ continuous quality improvement and innovative approaches to the development of services and supports that expand horizons, facilitate independent and productive lives, and support integration in the community for individuals with developmental disabilities.
With the best of intentions, sometimes people fail to remember that individuals with disabilities enjoy the same rights and protections as everyone else. The right to privacy, the right to make decisions that affect their lives, the right to exercise free will and express themselves. This video by Open Future Learning serves as a great reminder. Enjoy!